Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a primary customer contact person for all internal and external customers.
- Accurately report all Information System failures and requests in real time.
- Accurately resolve all Level 1 issues in a timely fashion.
- Escalate failures to Level 2 technicians as required in a timely fashion.
- Meet or exceed all customer requirements pertaining to Information System support.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Analyze and prioritize issues to minimize customer “”down time”” due to computer hardware or software failures.
- Log all customer issues into the incident management system and manage all issues to satisfactory resolution.
- Participate in a continuous program of training on software, hardware, systems, etc.
- Provide functional support for SPR applications
- Provide functional support for Microsoft Office.
- All other duties assigned by the Manager.
Standard Work Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Three to five years Customer Service and/or Customer Contact Center experience.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Advanced Computer and Application experience.
- Competence to understand technical documents and apply technical information to solve problems.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Capable of sitting in one location for extended periods in front of a computer while using the telephone.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Available for occasional travel.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient in Microsoft Windows Operating Platforms XP, and Windows 7. Skilled in the basic functions of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook versions 2007, and 2010.
Ability to recognize and troubleshoot fundamental network communication issues. (Modems, Printers and Peripheral hardware)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear.
The employee is frequently required to stand sit use hands to finger, handle, or feel reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.