The NAPA brand is known around the world for having KNOW HOW and we are looking for a Talent who can bring their Sales KNOW HOW to this very exciting role – Territory Sales Manager. We are looking for someone who can achieve maximum market penetration/growth, increase sales/profitability, and create superior wow experiences for our Independently owned NAPA Auto Parts Stores. This role reports to a supportive Sales Manager!
You will have the opportunity to manage NAPA program implementations to enable store-owners and their installer customers to increase their market share, successfully compete in their market, and ultimately help owners achieve profitability and return on investment. We would like to also have someone who is familiar with and focused on inventory readiness for the store owners.
This is the right opportunity for you if:
- Get excited about others business success and serving as a sales advisor
- Passion for doing sales calls, closing deals, and account maintenance
- Always striving to give your customers amazing customer care and experiences
- Thrive in an environment where “no days are the same”
- Know how to build, develop, and sustain customer relationships
- Understand product lines and have passion for engaging customers with these products
- Know how to develop strong relationships with business owners, multiple suppliers and sales teams
- Thrive off being a trusted resource, leader, and go to person for guidance
Here is what you’ll get to do:
- Present, communicate, and sell store-owners and their installer customers on the NAPA Sales, Marketing, and Training programs.
- Achieve territory sales quota and provide training to store employees on the proper implementation and utilization of NAPA programs.
- Work in an advisor and business partner role with store owners and build long-term relationships
- Prepare stores to manage effective inventory levels
- Create a roadmap for all store activities including moves, store revamps, modernizations, open houses, etc.
- Engage store personnel in training on utilization of NAPA programs and operational procedures of distribution centers
- Strive to meet territory quotas and contribute to the achievement of distribution center quotas
- Implements the NAPA inventory effectiveness program.
- Assists store-owner and employees in fully utilizing point of sale and inventory planning systems.
What you’ll need:
- College degree preferred or equivalent sales experience
- Understand and demonstrate basic selling skills such as preparing for the sales call, managing the customer/sales meeting, handling customer resistance,
- Prior experience the Automotive Aftermarket or other industry where you managed a territory APA store or other retail experience in the automotive industry
- 2+ years’ experience in a customer focused role where you managed accounts
- Demonstrate professionalism, good judgment and a strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate, present, and persuade. Possesses problem solving and decision- making skills
- Demonstrate organizational and planning skills, practice time management, meet deadlines and display a sense of urgency
And, we really, really need you to have these skills:
- High sense of urgency and be customer service oriented with a super positive attitude@! Experience with building and developing strong customer relationships. Excellent listener. Empathetic to individuals concerns and direct necessary follow-up actions
- Be a team player and love building relationships. We want teammates with a proactive, never-fail-attitude in the face of adversity, ambiguous situations and a lack of managerial oversight. You should have the ability to work and motivate yourself independently while also working with teammates for the greater good of the team and Company
- Multi-Tasking: Ability to manage many different sales activities simultaneously
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills; ability to prioritize and demonstrate initiative
- Tenacity: Staying with a position or plan of action until the desired objective is achieved or is no longer reasonably attainable
- Automotive/Mechanical background (not a deal breaker if you don’t)
- Strong written, oral, and facilitation skills
- Ability to define problems and resolve them quickly
- Set expectations, meet commitments, track results, and manage accountability
What’s in it for you:
- Awesome people and brand
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- A Culture of promotion from within, using your creativity, finding solutions/fixes, and where no 2 days or career paths are the same!
- Great training, and ongoing development with support from multiple leaders/your team
Please apply if you think this is a great fit for you and we will be in touch – Also, check out this story on one of our awesome Territory Sales Managers to get a little more insight into this awesome role: Day in the Life of a NAPA Territory Sales Manager. If you decide that this role is not for you, we still appreciate you stopping by today!
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.