Summary Job Description:
The Senior PeopleSoft Business Analyst will be responsible for level 2 support and will serve as a facilitator and functional resource for the PeopleSoft HCM application. The Senior PeopleSoft Business Analyst provides functional application expertise for various PeopleSoft modules (HR, Payroll, Benefits, etc.) The Business Analyst will also work with the development team on projects to implement new HR software.
This position will provide leadership for reviewing new business processes and solution designs to ensure that cross-functional teams fully understand the impact of decisions made during system configuration. The Senior PeopleSoft Business Analyst will gather and document requirements, collaborate with the technical team to review specifications, and may conduct and facilitate fit/gap analysis and design sessions.
The Senior PeopleSoft Business Analyst will provide value to the business through effective process analysis and requirements development and documentation. Their role will be to work closely with the customer to focus on how to best support the business through the effective use of technology.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of PeopleSoft HCM functional product experience
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM release 9.0 or higher (HR, Payroll, Benefits, Talent Acquisition, CRM)
- Basic understanding of the delivered PeopleSoft tools that are available
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Excellent leadership abilities
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with other team members
- Strong customer service focus
- Possess an ownership mentality
- Lead new projects by collaborating with customers to develop business requirements
- Provide level 2 production support of the existing HCM applications
- Daily maintenance, administration, and troubleshooting of existing systems
- Assist the HCM operations team by writing ad hoc queries and reports
- Identify potential opportunities to improve existing processes
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions to understand and document complex business needs
- Assist with documentation and testing of functional requirements for configuration changes and customizations
- Develop test plans and coordinate testing procedures for new implementations or changing processes, including writing process documentation.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.