Job Title:Business Analyst / TSZ National Accounts
Reports To:Indiana DC Ops Manager / The Safety Zone GM
Prepared By/Date:Reggie Osborne 6/13/2019
Approved By/Date:Eric Helsel 6/13/2019
The Safety Zone is a subsidiary of S.P.Richards Company and is part a part of Genuine Parts Company, a Fortune 250 business.
The Safety Zone has an immediate opening for Business Analyst.
Perform a variety of business analyses and produce standard and custom reports to support our sales and management teams. Use reports & databases to monitor inventory levels while creating plans for purchasing for major retail accounts. Analyze cost of goods, pricing, and market trends to inform team of margin opportunities. Use retail tools and web applications to assist in item data management, chargeback disputes, invoice inquiries, and business development with major retailers. This position involves customer contact and applicant should be comfortable professionally representing our position to customers on a regular basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include: (Others may be assigned)
- Produce a standard set of monthly sales reports for assigned sales, inventory, and margin metrics
- Produce custom reports and queries as required by customers and members the sales & management teams
- Perform a variety of business analyses as required by customers and members of the sales and management teams. Examples include:
– Pricing/Gross Margin Analysis
– Re-Pricing & Credit Analysis
– Product Assortment
– Competitive Analysis
– Inventory Analysis
- Support retail businesses by learning and using their custom applications to operate our accounts
- Supporting E-Commerce to satisfy the requirements of existing and new channel customers
– Pricing & product assortment
– Product descriptions and information
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required, E-commerce application experience is a plus
- 3-5 years experience in business processes with retail exposure
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Experience interacting with/supporting customers
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
•Ability to maintain composure in pressure situations
Education and/or Experience:
Undergraduate degree preferred. Three to five years experience in analyzing business processes.
Knowledge of standard business processes across multiple functional areas a plus
Experience with MicroSoft Office applications required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to document business processes and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Must be detail oriented and exceptional in organization techniques. Must be self-motivated, with ability to set and achieve goals, and set priorities of multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make sound business process decisions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required sit and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust or focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.