Here is an opportunity to learn how to grow your career in sales from the leader of industrial distribution. At Motion Industries, Sales Interns assist with customer service at the branch level including onsite sales, warehousing, shipping, counter sales, phone sales, and order processing. This position is for the Summer of 2020 and will be at our Greenville, NC location.
- Assist with work processes in each department while being exposed to all branch functions
- Observe and interact with branch personnel to understand the details and reason for the company distribution process
- Take product training as available
- Represent Motion Industries in a professional manner
- Take required safety training and learn to remain safety focused while working
- Present a written summary prior to the last week of the internship describing the internship experience and including suggestions for program development
- College student with focus on a technical Business or Industrial Distribution degree or Sales Specialization
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills especially in Microsoft Office
- Good driving record
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.