Drives retail growth across assigned territory of district stores. Fosters a “one team” culture at the store level seeking to change the culture to support enhanced retail as well as existing wholesale business. Embeds best in class retail standards for all assigned stores and monitors progress toward that standard. Recruits, onboards, coaches, mentors, and trains retail specialists to ensure the correct team is in place to support retail efforts.
- Leads the retail effort across 15-20 independently owned NAPA stores.
- Works with General and Sales Managers to hold owners to account.
- Ensures there is a designated retail specialist (CCA, RTL and / or RC) in all retail impact stores and actively seeks talent to fill these positions, working with the ownership to source candidates.
- Facilitates new retail specialist team member onboarding.
- Ensures all stores strictly adhere to the retail store standard guidelines including actions such as all marketing programs implemented on day one of the promotion.
- Establishes adherence to daily, weekly and monthly retail processes helping to facilitate superior levels of customer service at all times.
- Coaches, mentors, and trains store teams in subject matter such as retail basics (e.g., basic housekeeping, ePlanogram compliance, shelf label accuracy, out of stock management, promotional programs, etc.), customer service and selling skills (e.g., customer greeting, engaging with customer, add-on sales and solution selling, securing future business, etc.), and in store merchandising (e.g., bulk stack outs, end caps, side wings, clip strips, impulse zones, point of sale material and promotional pricing, front and facing the shelves, managing store’s inventory levels through min/max system, etc.)
- Provides clear and effective communication to all stake holders. Develops effective relationships within the ownership and across the Operational leadership team.
- Develops regular communication channel between retail specialists.
- Qualifies independent owner’s participation in the Retail Program.
- Measures ongoing compliance
- 4+ years’ experience in retail having achieved level of Store Manager.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate retail essentials such as store merchandising, promotional displays, and price label accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to lead retail teams and display strong influencing skills.
- Must possess passion for customer service.
- Demonstrates professionalism, good judgment and a strong work ethic.
- Possesses problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and planning skills, practice time management, meet deadlines and display a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates initiative and take action when appropriate, continuously strive for self-improvement.
- Possesses good business acumen and ability to make decisions based on analytics available.
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time.
- Role requires use of company car and laptop. Preferred High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree or equivalent sales experience or successful retail management experience preferred. Experience with independently owned retail stores is an advantage. Ability to communicate, present, and persuade.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.