Software Development Trainee
The Software Development Trainee position allows the trainee to prepare for a role as a Software Developer. The training period is no more than 15 months. During this period, the trainee shadows Software Developers and Analysts to gain experience in system design, development, and implementation.
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Work with software developers and business team to completing software enhancements for new web-based system based on current system capabilities and new requirements
- Assist with development of design documentation to include database design, business assumptions, and processing rules
- Training Includes exposure to Agile methodology, multiple developing languages, integration tools, web tools, and database tools
- Good knowledge of relational database design
- Knowledge or training in system development methodologies
- Experience or training in web-based programming languages
- Achievement-oriented and self-motivated
- Effective communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Able to follow through on tasks
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.