As a member of the Finance Department you will contribute through preparing various accounts payable, data entry and reconciling functions.
- Compile, update and distribute required financial reports as applicable to assigned locations; including Recurring spreadsheets, , vendor statement reconciliation summary, Organize, file and maintain accounting files.
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise/resolve any document discrepancies (i.e.: out of balance quantity errors, un-reconciled variances, product received but not paid, etc.)
- Obtain invoice approval utilizing internal document flows, according to documented processes.
- Respond to inquiries, communicate with and provide above average customer service to suppliers, and location personnel.
- Reviews, reconciles, and research supplier statements for assigned locations, as well as, actively seek and secure missing statements.
- Performs data entry into various systems for assigned locations (inventory and freight).
- Responsible for housekeeping of work area.
- Date entry for processing invoices.
- Date Entry into excel for processing Direct Directs, Credits and NUC.
- Create sales order and purchase orders for associate stores.
- Confirm, receive and invoice jobber invoices and match with vendor’s invoice
- Scan and email files to Regions.
- Code, enter and scan AP invoices for all regions. (Directs, TW, ME, MI, and CA.
- Organize and verify all Traction Pcard transactions and reconcile to BOA statement.
- Retrieve Traction Accounting emails and distribute accordingly.
- Process check requests for NAPA stores and Credit Union payments.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education/Experience: High School Diploma with one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze and interpret common accounting procedures. Must have excellent phone and verbal communication skills to assist vendors and customers.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, individual must have strong data entry skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel software.
- Customer Focus – Ability to maintain effective and positive relationships and be committed to customer satisfaction.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication – Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.