The Safety Zone is a subsidiary of S.P. Richards Company and is a part of Genuine Parts Company, a Fortune 250 business that specializes in distribution, logistics and value-added services.
At the Safety Zone, we are Direct Importers and Manufacturers of Personal Protection Equipment for Safety, Medical and Food Service.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a dynamic Sales Manager who can develop & manage existing accounts while leveraging relationships to drive new opportunities as assigned. You will need to analyze geographic market region, account base & distributor relationships to determine how best to profitably penetrate the accounts.
In this role you would work collaboratively with the entire Safety Zone team to Identify opportunities including ideas for new products & solutions that will drive our customer’s success. Establishing account/business plans to drive our success while improving revenue and profitability will be key.
What we would expect from you:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Build strong relationships with assigned accounts in order to drive profitable sales growth
- Develop annual account/business plans for your most significant business relationships (Distributor, End User).
- Grow Territory Sales to and beyond the level of expectation
- Grow Territory GP to and beyond the level of expectation
- Manage customer contracts to ensure compliance and sustainable pricing that is good for all
- Communicate effectively within and without The Safety Zone to ensure that our customers are delighted with us
- Develop a command of all Safety Zone software including our Pipeline Management Solution
- Lead others in the process of making and executing good data supported business decisions
- Spend Company Money as if it were your own
- Know your numbers
- File expense reports in a timely manner
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Anything else deemed necessary and proper by Safety Zone/SPR Leadership
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5+ years SUCCESSFUL account management experience in a manufacturing/importing/distribution environment
- Demonstrated success in developing & executing account plans
- Great written and verbal communications skills
- Great Listening Skills
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Suite of software, including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated competency with CRM Sales pipeline tools
- Successful sales track record delivering consistent sales and profit growth through Distribution
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of time
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university; degree in business, marketing, or related field preferred. In lieu of degree, five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Database software
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.