- Provide support in developing, recommending and implementing employee benefit plans and programs – with a primary focus on medical, dental, vision, life, wellbeing and voluntary benefits within the U.S. and internationally
- Monitor industry trends and market practice to assess competitiveness
- Assist in implementing new benefit plans and programs, or changes to existing plans and programs by preparing announcement materials and other media for communicating to employees
- Coordinate benefit changes and updates with GPC Employee Service Center
- Participate in and monitor performance of provider and TPA relationships
- Help maintain compliance with regulatory and other legal requirements
- Assist in day-to-day plan interpretation and problem resolution
What critical skills are needed for you to be considered for this position?
- Ability to balance and prioritize a high volume of projects and responsibilities
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a logical manner including responses to clients and customers (employees), creates draft communications for review as well as distribution lists for segmented communications
- Customer Service – Provides professional services to employees, management and vendors that are both qualitative and quantitative
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action
- Analytics and Reporting – provides excellent analytical support to all domestic H&W plans
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in employee benefits
- Proficiency in PC-based applications, including HRIS and Microsoft Office programs required
- Presentation skills – ability to assist in the creation of and support the delivery of presentations to large and small groups
- Creativity – developing meaningful communications in a customer centered manner
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.