Are you ready to spend your summer as a part of something special? Imagine being part of a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for endless success. At Genuine Parts Company (GPC), people build long-lasting, highly satisfying careers and make a real difference in the community.
GPC has been driving success for over 90 years due to a family of 50,000+ dedicated, intelligent, and innovative employees. But this is the best part – all our businesses throughout the world emphasize the growth and development of our team members by providing opportunities for mentorship and advancement.
This is the ideal role for a student who is searching for challenging and exciting projects, professional growth, and fun networking opportunities with a Fortune 200 company. As a Global Logistics Intern at GPC, you’ll have the opportunity to focus on global logistics and procurement while learning about international supply chain operations at a global distribution organization.
This is the right opportunity for you if you:
- Enjoy using problem-solving skills to effectively communicate with vendors and business partners
- Thrive and excel with challenging deadlines and managing multiple priorities
- Want to learn how a global leader in the distribution of automotive parts, industrial parts, and office products operates day-to-day
A day in the life:
- Monitor shipments inbound to the US, CA, and MX for subsidiaries of Genuine Parts Company, and communicate shipment status updates as needed
- Generate and update shipment tracking data reports for subsidiary destinations, and resolve exceptions in shipments in transit
- Coordinate with third party freight audit providers and audit invoices, notifying of corrections and requesting credits/corrections
What’s in it for you:
- Participate in biweekly Lunch and Learn events with company leaders
- Attend a Braves game and volunteer time with fellow interns
- Explore the history of the company through a multi-day orientation, complete with a tour of the Atlanta Distribution Center
- Present your summer project to fellow interns and GPC executives
What you’ll need:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, seeking degree in International Supply Chain, Transportation, Business Administration, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
And if you have this, even better:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with a variety of data sources
- Experience with customer service
Why GPC may just be the right place for you:
- Stable Fortune 200 company with a “family” culture
- Environment that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths
- Ongoing training and development, with support from leaders and your team
Additional information for you:
GPC has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So, if after reading this, you don’t think this is the perfect fit for you, check out the list of other opportunities we have at jobs.genpt.com.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.