Distribution Center Manager
The Distribution Center Manager is responsible for the operational management of a Distribution Center and surrounding branches or shops if applicable. This position develops procedures to ensure maximum efficiency, safety, quality, and compliance. The Distribution Center Manager position reviews operational data and reports to develop recommendations for processes, control procedures, and staffing for optimal productivity, movement, efficiency, and alignment of co-dependent areas. This position coaches, trains, and reviews employee performance based on metrics and feedback.
- Directs and administers established safety, health and environmental policies and procedures ensuring all employees actively participate.
- Leads the DC team to provide excellent customer service that will enhance and support operations and sales.
- Creates materials for and conducts “capabilities” presentations to customers (inventory levels,
conversion shop, industrial supplies, and special deliveries).
- Maintains overall responsibility for ensuring a high-level of customer service, which may include adherence to customer agreements, and resolution of problems surrounding delivery of products. Maintains key supplier relationships.
- Maintains responsibility for physical plant, including cleanliness and security.
- Directs employees in refining, developing and implementing DC programs as needed, in conjunction with the business plans of the DC and Motion Industries.
- Assumes overall accountability for all financial results, sales, expenses, and asset control.
- Leads the short and long-term planning necessary to implement DC specific programs that meet the needs of Motion Industries’ customers.
- Prepares annual budget and leads the DC to achieve financial goals. Reviews financial package monthly with the DC Management Team to ensure DC meets
established expense goals; analyzes expenses and determines ways to reduce costs.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Typically Requires a bachelor’s degree and six to eight years of related experience or an equivalent combination
- Demonstrated people and leadership skills with a record of achieving positive business results.
- Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communications, coaching, and team building skills.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Ability to create a safe working environment, ensuring that all members are knowledgeable of good safety practices and procedures.
- Analytical and mathematical skills required; financial acumen preferred.
- Excellent computer skills using Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Good driving record required.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.