This collaborative leader plans, directs and manages Fluid Power Shop Service operations with overall responsibilities for production, order filling, shipping and receiving by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors and non-supervisory direct reports.
This position is located in Moline, IL branch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage plant activities through planning with departmental leads/supervisors to ensure manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner, following established processes and procedures and ensuring customer expectations are met.
- Supervise the planning and coordination of plant departments to ensure plant operations’ performance measures are met.
- Oversee plant projects, establish priorities and control use of resources to accomplish strategic initiatives.
- Monitor labor and other resource requirements/usage and production schedules and report to Company management.
- Prepare and/or review production and order filling reports and resolve operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over plant capital, operating expenditures and labor.
- Ensure established procedures and approved processes are followed to meet production and quality standards and are documented.
- Oversee preventative maintenance and logistics programs.
- Incorporate plant floor organization, waste reduction, safe work practices and cleanliness throughout the plant to advance effective improvement mindsets among plant employees.
- Ensure the Health and Safety Program is followed. Consider safety throughout the operation a top priority. Work with the safety committee and be responsible for training and education of employees in the area of safety and hazardous materials.
- Communicate with all departments and levels in the Company for work flow and resource coordination of projects, product development and revisions, and customer satisfaction.
- Establish and sustain effective relationships in order to foster an environment where innovation and cooperation are used to solve problems.
- Implement lean manufacturing concepts for measurable waste and lead time reductions.
- Seek, determine and implement ways to improve production efficiency and asset and resource utilization (e.g. design production aids).
- Provide technical expertise and transfer knowledge to other members of the operations.
- Assist in identifying and conducting operations training endeavors.
- Support estimating department on pricing matrixes and complex projects.
- Communicate daily with all departments.
- Attend work regularly and predictably and uphold Company values in all work aspects.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field or five years related service management experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.