Apache, a division of Motion Industries is seeking a qualified candidate for the Order Fulfillment, Inventory Control and Receiving Supervisor position at the Cedar Rapids, IA location. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a safe, organized, respectful, productive work environment that promotes teamwork.
- Regularly communicate standards and expectations, ensure understanding and hold the team accountable.
- Ensure production and customer satisfaction objectives are achieved by the production team (e. g., shipping product on time, surpassing customer-defined quality levels).
- Follow and communicate production schedules and adjust as needed to meet daily production requirements. Assign materials and schedule production as needed.
- Identify training needs and conduct and/or delegate training on operating procedures and other work guidelines.
- Identify and address critical issues within the area of responsibility.
- Report progress and discuss needs (e.g., equipment, supplies, and labor) and issues with Operations management and/or Technical Services during meetings and as needed.
- Discuss work information for the oncoming shift including any issues for clear, thorough
- Ensure the timely complete system transactions and route/file accurate records of all incoming shipments.
- Ensure the Receiving & Inventory areas are organized and clean.
- Ensure process controls of counting, weighing or measuring items on incoming shipments to verify information against BOL, invoices, order and packing lists are being followed.
- Ensure process controls of examining incoming shipments, rejection of damaged goods, recording of shortages and correspondence with internal department(s) regarding damages and shortages is taking place.
- Ensure received product is clearly labeled on packaging prior to stocking.
- Ensure that the distribution of received goods to waiting internal customers is taking place.
- Determine disposition of unclear receipts.
- Assist in all areas of Warehouse, Order Fulfillment & Receiving including packaging and processing small packages.
- Ensure Company security and dock policies are followed including the checking in of visitors.
- Professionally interact with different departments to promote customer satisfaction.
- Attend work regularly and predictably and uphold Company values in all work.
Too perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a high school diploma and at least 5-10 years of experience in a supervisory position or the equivalent combination of education and work experience. Experience in Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing focused workplaces preferred. Experience in leading and developing teams in a manufacturing environment, inspecting products, training, and using ERP systems; and post-high school education are highly preferred.
Skills and Abilities
This job requires strong leadership; decision making and problem solving; interpersonal skills including speaking and listening skills for understanding; team building; planning and organizing skills; mechanical aptitude; follow-through; and attention to detail. Ability to take appropriate action; read and interpret documents; write routine reports and correspondence; calculate figures and amounts used by department employees; use computers; apply lean manufacturing concepts; use data to make improvements; work under pressure and meet tight deadlines; motivate and develop others; handle conflict and maintain self-control; and gain advanced knowledge in products and areas managed are also needed.
In going back and forth between plant and office environments there is some exposure to heat, moderate noise, moving pieces of equipment and dust/flying particles. This position has fairly frequent interruptions requiring focus and the ability to return to tasks. Work outside of normal business hours may be required. Infrequent travel may be required for training and business reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, stand, walk, sit and use his/her hands with coordination and precision to type and use a computer at regular speed and accuracy and see details at close range. There is occasional bending, reaching, pushing and pulling, and lifting and/or moving 10- 50 pounds.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Apache Inc. reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.