Coater Operator 'TEKRA' – 3rd Shift
Responsible for the efficient operation of the coating machine and the quality of the products produced.
Coater Operator ‘TEKRA’ – 3rd Shift
- Check quality and quantity of all raw materials being processed against work orders to assure
- the proper material is being run.
- Set up and operate the coating machine according to O.C.S. Sheet and in cooperation with the Senior Coater Operator.
- Mix chemicals use per ISO instructions.
- Check all running conditions per set up sheet and report any discrepancy.
- Fill out necessary paperwork for the job run and check for accuracy of materials used, Coatings, base stock, etc.
- Perform minor maintenance or repairs to the coating machines.
- Maintain white room/cleanroom conditions at all times within the Coating Production area by
- Way of machine cleaning and general housekeeping, i.e. floor mopping, sweeping, tacky Mats, etc.
- Stage raw stock or process material to their proper locations within the Coating Production area.
- Check various inventories needed in daily operations and advise the supervisor if low and
- Needed, i.e. gloves, blades, shop towels, etc.
- Follow all safety procedures and be responsible for the safety of everyone working on the
- Equipment or mixing room in the Coating Production area, including himself/herself.
- Report all problems associated with the operation, equipment and materials being processed to the Shift Supervisor or the Senior Coater Operator.
- Perform any and all duties as directed by the Shift Supervisor or the Senior Coater Operator.
- Ability to read and comprehen basic documents.
- Ability to write business correspondence and reports.
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide to calculate measurements.
- Ability to compute rates, ratio, percent and interpret bar graphs and other charts and apply to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to interpret and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office machines.
- Ability to multi-task and work with interruptions.
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of quality principles and capable of relating principles to Tekra quality programs.
- Analytical skills
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Decision -making abilities.
- Interpersonal skills
- Mechanical aptitude and skills
- Organizational skills
- Prioritization skills
- Problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivation skills, disciplined, goal-oriented
- Time management skills
- Works well in a team setting
- High School Diploma
- Forklift Certification
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons