Senior Analyst – Store Operations & New Distribution
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Information Center of Excellence (ICE) team! Our Senior Analyst will partner with finance, store operations, new store development, real estate, and business intelligence (BI) team members to provide financial reporting, ad hoc reporting, and geographic information systems (GIS) solutions. This person will develop dashboards and suite reporting, serve as the business subject matter expert on BI platforms, generate real estate site models and mapping solutions, and work with the information center of excellence (ICE) team members to align analytics across the organization. This role will provide you with a fast track to learn our business operations and quickly become a valued member of our team. Our Analyst team works closely with our all levels in our business from our field employees to our executive teams. This is a great opportunity for someone who has at least 5 years of experience as a data analyst role and ideally someone who has worked in a complex data environment.
- Partners with the leader of store operations to identify reporting opportunities, gather business requirements, and establish reporting strategies.
- Compiles information from multiple departments on a periodic basis and generates a report portfolio for executive management.
- Supports management, new store development efforts, and the real estate dept. by identifying optimal markets and infill opportunities for new stores, generating site models, and building proformas.
- Leverages proprietary data sets and 3rd party information to design custom mapping solutions, which are used to create visual tools that highlight store trade areas, locations of customers, locations of prospects, presence of competitors, etc.
- Serves as primary data analyst for assigned geographic divisions. Provides regular and ad hoc analysis regarding distribution center operations, store operations, finance, pricing, product, sales, supply chain, national accounts, human resources, etc. Ensures data fluency across all departments and lines of business. Uses information to answer questions for field management.
- Works with other analysts in ICE and strategic financial analytics (SFA) to consolidate and automate reports, ensure consistency of information, and reinforce data integrity.
- Offers critical insight for the data governance department.
- Aids SFA in establishing project ROI’s and enhancing the BI roadmap.
- Produces ad hoc reporting and analyses initiatives as directed.
- 5-7 years working in a data analyst role, ideally in a complex data environment.
- MBA from an accredited institution (or other advanced degree in economics, mathematics, finance, marketing intelligence or business intelligence) or equivalent experience required CFA accepted.
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- Demonstrated and advanced proficiency with BI tools preferably Qlik and/or Cognos.
- Fluency in ESRI (ArcGIS) or other geographical information systems software preferred
- Advanced experience with database systems at an enterprise level SQL experience a plus.
- Demonstrated and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (lookups, formulas, pivot tables, slicers, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with data governance projects.
- Demonstrated experience building cross-functional relationships and teams.
- Uncompromising integrity and intellectual honesty possesses courage and conviction to speak their position.
- Demonstrated previous experience reporting to senior executives.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- High level of financial acumen.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment.
Minimal travel required.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons