Commercial Sales Specialist
NAPA is a Parts Store and So much more! We are driven to have the best people on our team to get the right parts to the right place at the right time. We already said that we are “so much more” and to prove it, we are looking for a Commercial Sales Specialist reporting to a supportive Commercial Sales Manager. An amazing opportunity for the right person in a big part of our business!
As a Commercial Sales Specialist, you know it is all about the building relationships with customers! Do you have a Commercial Sales, Product, and Customer/Product Relationship Building background? Does promoting products, building and sustaining relationships with customers your ‘thing’? We would love to hear from you! We are looking for a special talent that can expand sales to all distribution levels for an assigned sales territory and NAPA Product Lines including our very successful AutoCare business. successfully conduct the planning, sourcing, marketing, and promotional implementation of product strategy for NAPA. The Commercial Sales Specialist will represent multiple manufacturers in selling parts and delivering high level customer service and training while effectively developing new business along with an emphasis on store and dealer training.
This is the right opportunity for you if you:
- Love to promote products and make deals! Always wanting to give customers an amazing customer experience
- Thrive in an environment where “no days are the same”
- Know how to build, develop, and sustain customer relationships
- Understand product lines and have passion for engaging customers with these products
- Know how to develop strong relationships with multiple suppliers and sales teams
- Thrive off being a trusted resource, leader, and go to person for guidance
A Day in the life:
- Provide top-notch customer service, training and communication to all accounts in your territory.
- Build and maintain good relationships with customers at all levels.
- Understand the dealer customer and their needs.
- Effectively work with store management to offer insight and intelligence with respect to their customer’s demands.
- Call on NAPA Stores and their respective customers to drive sales in product lines represented.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all aspects of assigned product lines.
- Provide classroom and/or “in-field” training to stores and customers on assigned product lines.
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales plans detailing concepts and actions necessary to achieve business growth opportunities consistent with the Company’s growth objectives.
- Recommend successful sales programs/strategies aimed to improve the overall effectiveness of the territory, DC, District and/or area business activities.
- Conduct periodic product line reviews to keep management updated on KPIs.
- Attend, organize, and manage key promotional events and trade shows.
- Participate in organized projects by DC sales team to effectively grow sales.
- Utilize technology provided to conduct business in an efficient manner.
- Enter and maintain up-to-date customer data and input it in our sales –iCRM.
- Complete and submit electronic and/or written reports of daily and weekly activities, expenses, competitive activity, account changes, promotions and all administrative functions within assigned territory using company approved methods and technology on or before given due dates.
- Participate with other colleagues in sharing marketing intelligence about product opportunities that will grow sales.
- Maintain and protect all company provided assets.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of previous selling and account management experience. Must have a solid record of success developing new business, while still being able to maintain and grow existing business.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent sales/marketing experience.
- Must be able to travel within assigned territory: travel to account meetings, sales meetings, and other meetings; drive long distances to make multiple sales calls on a daily basis including overnight stays as required by the territory. Must be willing and able to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office, internet navigation, CRM applications).
And, we really, really need you to have these skills:
- High sense of urgency and be customer service oriented. Experience with building and developing strong customer relationships. Excellent listener. Empathetic to individuals concerns and direct necessary follow-up actions.
- Be a team player. We want teammates with a proactive, never-fail-attitude in the face of adversity, ambiguous situations and a lack of managerial oversight. You should have the ability to work and motivate yourself independently while also working with teammates for the greater good of the team and Company.
- Multi-Tasking: Ability to manage many different sales activities simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills; ability to prioritize and demonstrate initiative.
- Tenacity: Staying with a position or plan of action until the desired objective is achieved or is no longer reasonably attainable.
- Strong written, oral, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills – ability to effectively deliver sales presentations to varied audiences.
- Ability to define problems and resolve them quickly.
- Set expectations, meet commitments, track results, and manage accountability.
And if you have this, even better:
- Experience in the automotive parts aftermarket (not a deal breaker – just great to have)
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
- Awesome people and brand
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So, if after reading this, you don’t think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons