- Ability to manage internal and external customer service and collection efforts for multiple operations effectively
- Minimize losses by completing final collection efforts as needed and referring to Legal department in a timely manner
- Performs general supervisory duties including interviewing, ensuring new employees are properly trained, conducting new employee and performance evaluations, approving and coding timesheets, and handling employee relations issues.
- Provides direction regarding meeting and exceeding departmental goals.
- Monitors staff productivity and quality.
- Ensures the integrity of all procedures and company guidelines are adhered to.
- Coaches and counsels staff members in an effort to develop employees and improve results.
- Evaluates current processes and makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Conducts group training classes to further educate collections specialists in their job responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Collections Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration preferred
- 2 + years of Accounts Receivables management experience
- 3 + years of strong working knowledge of Accounts Receivable experience (Commercial Collections, Credit)
- Strong analytical and data analysis ability and background
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Conflict Management skills
- Team Player
- Business Process Improvement skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons