IT Data Engineer, Full Stack
About Genuine Parts Company
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you’re part of something special; part of something that matters and that makes a real difference. Imagine working for a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for more success. Imagine being part of a winning team where people don’t just work ‘jobs’, they build long-lasting, highly-satisfying careers.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) has risen to the top of our industry by understanding the needs of those we serve – our customers and our employees – and then working hard, and smart, to meet those needs.
The true source of that success is the effort, commitment and intelligence of our nearly 40,000 employees. Across all of our business units, in locations worldwide, the people of GPC have diverse backgrounds and talents. But it’s what we share that makes us unique.
The Full Stack Engineer is responsible for the Hadoop and Informatica platforms: infrastructure engineering, system administration and application administration. This person must have a strong understanding of system administration and infrastructure engineering and be willing to learn application specific skills or must have a strong understanding of application administration (specifically Hadoop / Informatica) and familiarity with infrastructure engineering and system administration.
- Responsible for Hadoop and Informatica platforms: infrastructure engineering, system administration and application administration
- Perform application installation and configuration
- Drive maintenance, patching and upgrades
- Administration of Red hat Linux servers
- Administration of Windows servers
- Build and deploy new virtual and physical servers
- Develop and implement backup strategy
- Proactively monitor applications
- Drive the resolution of issues with external vendors and internal teams
- Ensure all systems and servers are adhering to change control and are audited
- Assist with security architecture and monitoring
- Automate monitoring
- Participate in the definition and updating of standards and best practices
- Bachelors degree in a related field required, unless there is significant, relevant work experience
- Familiarity with databases (Oracle/Postgres/SQLServer) and application administration
- 3+ years of experience in administration and engineering of systems, databases and networks
- 3+ years administrative experience in Linux (Redhat 6+, CentOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux)
- 2+ years experience working with VMWare Infrastructure 6.x+, vRealize, VROps
- 2+ years experience with Puppet (Preferred), Chef or Ansible
- 2+ years experience in scripting (Bash/Shell/PowerCLI/Powershell/Ruby/Python)
- 3+ years experience in SQL
- 5+ years IT experience
- PL/SQL experience
- Understanding of relational databases (Oracle / Postgres / SQLServer)
- Systems integration experience
- Familiarity with puppet
- Hadoop administration
- Informatica administration
- Administrative experience in Windows (windows 2008, 2012, 2016)
- Administrative experience with RedHat Satellite 6 and patching RHEL
- SAN / server integration experience – NetApp, Pure Storage, Fiber Channel, NFS
- Experience managing Nagios or like monitoring system
- RHCT/RHCE, Linux, or Microsoft certifications are a plus.
- Hands on server hardware support experience (Dell, Cisco UCS)
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons