Quality Assurance Analyst
Quality Assurance Analyst – Perform software testing and quality assurance. Participate in test plan review, prepare test cases, and execute tests. Create and maintain documentation for all QA and testing activity. Use automated testing tools for testing activities. Apply quality assurance best practices to all activities. Perform various test techniques such as functional, regression, and integration testing. Document QA issues and issue resolution. Enforce compliance SDLC methodology, and development standards. Require: Master’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Engineering & 1 year of experience in the job offered or as Software Engineer/Programmer/Analyst.
Mail resume to: S.P. Richards Co., 6300 Highlands Parkway, Smyrna, GA 30082.
The QA Analyst will support the application quality assurance effort on a particular project or for an application area at SPR. Familiarity of Quality Assurance principles and software development life cycle principles/methodology is required.This person will perform hands on quality assurance activities including testing, business requirements analysis, root cause analysis, and issue reporting, as appropriate. This person must be capable of converting use cases to test cases, executing test cases, analyzing business requirements, converting requirements and use cases to test cases, documenting test cases, documenting QA issues, monitoring QA issues, and resolving QA issues.This person will be a member of a team of QA specialists and will have work assignments provided by a supervisor. The QA Analyst must to be able to work with the user community in selected circumstances and be able to perform some limited business analyst functions.The QA Analyst will use automated testing tools, bug tracking applications, and/or the manual testing process to ensure compliance to development standards and general usability. Testing may be manual or supported with automated tools, and issues will be tracked in a bug tracking application. Testing small and large applications will be required.General technical and business background is required to create data sets and execute tests.
- Participate in test plan review, prepare test cases, and execute tests
- Convert business requirements and use cases to test procedures and requirements
- Create and maintain documentation for all QA and testing activity
- Use automated testing tools for testing activities
- Apply quality assurance best practices to all activities
- Participate in project team activities
- Perform various test techniques such as functional, regression, and integration testing
- Complete application testing requirements on schedule
- Document QA issues and issue resolution
- Enforce compliance SDLC methodology, and development standards
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Good communications skills
- Ability and desire to write test procedures
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to define test requirements
- Ability to produce results within project deadlines
- Education/Experience A minimum of 5 years of IT related or SPR business experience
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with full life cycle development environment
- Experience with manual testing
- Experience building automated test scripts
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages.
- Understanding of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and prioritize.
- Computer Skills: Ability to use PC including Microsoft’s Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access
- Familiarity with SP Richards business system applications
- Supervisory Responsibilities None
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit use hands to finger, handle, or feel reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds.
- The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons