Product Manager – Brakes
NAPA is a Parts Store and So much more! We are driven to have the best people on our team to get the right parts to the right place at the right time. We already said that we are “so much more” and to prove it, we are looking for a Product Manager – Brakes in Atlanta, GA. An amazing opportunity for the right person in a big part of our business!
Do you have a Product Management background? We would love to hear from you! Do you have a background in the Automotive Aftermarket? We would really love to hear from you! We are looking for a special talent that can take complete ownership of NAPA’s strategic category direction aimed specifically at increasing sales, inventory turns, and market position while serving as a NAPA Product Brand Ambassador!
Nothing should stop you from applying to this role if you:
- Love to promote products and make deals!
- Thrive in an environment where “no days are the same”
- Know how to build, develop, and sustain supplier relationships along with growing NAPA sales, profits and market share within the US Automotive Aftermarket
- Have experience in managing relationships with suppliers to both procure and present competitive programs to the market
- Are driven by creating efficiencies with key internal and external stakeholders, while working across various NAPA departments to effectively develop procurement, sales and marketing programs
- Skilled in managing a product throughout the lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements to defining long-term vision.
- Know how to develop strong relationships with multiple suppliers, sales teams, and field operations
- Thrive off of being a trusted resource, leader, and go to person for guidance
- Understand and keep your focus on the end-user of the product
A Day in the life:
- Develops and executes overall market strategies for specific product categories
- Coordinates with various departments and oversees all strategic initiatives for assigned product groups in relation to category management, product assortment, promotions and marketing, pricing, supply chain, sales, customer service and information technology
- Initiates and manages vendor relationships and negotiations for the sourcing of specific product categories
- Determines viability of potential vendors as it pertains to pricing, quality, service capabilities and financial stability
- Operates as a project manager for any vendor or program changes
- Research and analyze sales and profitability performance metrics
What you’ll need:
- 1-3 years in Product Management (or equivalent experience), including contract negotiations, program management, data analysis and procurement activities required
- Managerial presentation and reporting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Ability to manage congruent and diverging projects
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
And if you have this, even better:
- Experience in the automotive parts aftermarket
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
- Awesome people and brand
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So, if after reading this, you don’t think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons