IT Senior System Engineer III, Symantec Workflow
The Shared Services Enterprise Systems (ES) department of Genuine Parts Company is seeking a Senior System Engineer (SR SE). This position is focused on supporting our endpoint configuration management software (Symantec IT Management Suite). The SR SE will work closely with IT Architects, Security and IT Leadership to deliver solutions that meet business requirements and adhere to defined technology and security standards.
The primary duties and responsibilities of a Senior Systems Engineer are listed, but not limited to the following:
- Provide subject-matter expertise with Symantec Workflow
- Construct Workflow processes to integrate disparate systems, evaluate and shape data, and translate data from system to system
- Provide future planning, implementation and support for maintaining highly available global core technical infrastructure
- Responsible for leadership and delivery of project-based assignments that encompass system architecture, proof-of-concept and deployment services
- Analyze technical needs, document requirements, and design technical solutions for very large and complex endpoint environments
- Provide implementation, upgrade, and health assessment for Symantec’s Altiris solutions (Symantec Management Platform/ITMS)
- Drive the adoption and advancement of cloud services within the scope of CMS capabilities
- Integration to/from ServiceNow platform with Symantec products, such as CMDB, client management, security products, and custom automation processes
- Design, implement, and manage Altiris CMS, SMS, AMS and DS solutions enterprise-wide
- Transition new technical projects and ensuring smooth go-live for endpoint management operations, executing technical feasibility assessments, solution estimations for scaling to business unites and subsidiaries
- Assess emerging technologies and stay abreast of industry trends, give advices on investments prices vs performance
- Support the transition to a more process-driven It Service Management approach though knowledge and understanding basic ITIL best practice and automation
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- BA/BS in a technology driven or quantitative field of study – Computer Science, Information Systems, etc. plus 3 years of experience
- 8+ years of relevant working experience in a production environment as a Senior Systems Engineer focused on client management solutions (i.e. SCCM, Altiris/CMS)
- Demonstrate a passion for innovation and understanding of future technology trends, utilizing cloud solutions.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong documentation and record keeping skills, with extreme attention to the development and maintenance of, as well as following documented Standard Operating Procedures.
- Goal-oriented attitude and demeanor to work through road blocks, motivate external concerns and bring about resolution.
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
- Proficiency with desktop and system management tools including SCCM, Admin Studio, GPO policies, scripting languages, and asset management systems
- Expert knowledge of Altiris Client Management Suite, Asset Management Suite, Server Management Suite, Deployment Solution (client and server) or equivalent with other leading technologies (SCCM, BigFix, etc)
- High level understanding of Active Directory
- Fundamental understanding of ITIL
- Strong knowledge of Windows desktop and server security controls and best practice
- Experience in Microsoft SCCM and/or Altiris server design and implementation
- Experience with Applocker, Bitlocker and Direct Access are a plus
- Microsoft Intune experience a plus
- ServiceNow experience is a plus
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons