Contract Analyst – GCN
Summary: This position will be responsible for contract management and analysis. The Contract Analyst will support SPR contract pricing strategy and initiatives that focus on contract margin improvement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Duties will include data management and analysis in support of contract owner as well as other pricing team members.
- Evaluates or monitors contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts.
- Assist in data preparation and analysis utilizing multiple forms of data retrieval and utilizing the pricing software PROS.
- Understand SPR’s various contract assignments and executes contract assignments in Peoplesoft as required.
- Working with pricing management and other pricing team members to evaluate contract margin enhancement opportunities.
- Update Contract pricing to reflect new manufacturer cost information for the monthly and quarterly transmits.Review contract margins monthly and quarterly. Compile contract data to be used by IT in building Dealer Updates on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Spreadsheet and analytical projects
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Pricing experience preferred but not required.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and effectively present information and respond to questions from Upper Level Management.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Microsoft Excel, Word, Spreadsheets, E-mail
Microsoft Access a plus
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons