The Buyer is responsible for assuring purchasing needs of the Company are met.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of purchasing methods and inventory management concepts in a distribution environment
- Understanding of logistics, basic accounting principles and warehouse operations
- Understanding of profitability and financial impact of purchasing decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to negotiate prices and terms for products purchased
- Strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of LTL, truckload and UPS freight programs
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Strong verbal and written skills This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all requirements and responsibilities and as such, is subject to change without notice based on the needs of the business and/or department.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons