Major Accounts Sales Manager
NAPA is looking for a seasoned Major Accounts Sales Manager who can meet the needs of our Major Accounts customers, while supporting our company strategy.The Major Accounts Sales Manager will liaison between the company and our major account customers to help promote and sell products while increasing sales and market share within our customer group. This role will have a high degree of visibility to field and corporate leaders while communicating all aspects of customer opportunities and expectations.
- Manages and grows major account relationships by evaluating prospect’s needs and determining fit with company strategy.
- Follows up on leads from field to determine accounts needs and analyze success of new venture.
- Liaisons between corporate and field management to ensure customer needs are met.
- Completes submission of bids, RFPs, RFIs, IFBs, quotes, and other external inquiries of company product by engaging field and ensuring all timelines and deadlines are met.
- Communicates to field and management about status and outcomes of external inquiries and to gain buy-in on decisions.
- Develops and implements annual sales plan, adjusts as needed to reflect actual performance and conditions.
- Increases sales and market shares for assigned major accounts at store, distribution center, and manufacturer level for all company product lines.
- Achieves personal monthly, quarterly, and annually assigned quotas by reaching out to current accounts and evaluating needs including, but not limited to, price, contracts, training requirements, and reporting.
- Communicates with customers, prospects, vendor base, company headquarters and field management, and independent store owners regarding major account activities.
- Communicates regularly with management regarding performance steps taken to ensure quota attainment and other sales metrics.
- Manages sales expense budget within established guidelines and addresses any issues as needed.
- Controls expenses while submitting timely expense reporting with minimum errors.
- Maintains, secures, and submits all documents, reports, and other administration required by management.
- 5 years of experience with managing account or sales managers at corporate level in automotive or similar industry.
- 5 years of experience managing customer relationships at corporate or field store level.
- NAPA experience in a similar role preferred.
- BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to take many pieces of input and produce multiple levels of communication based on the needs of the audience.
- Excellent organizational, planning, documentation, follow-up, and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of leadership inside and outside the organization.
- Capable of leading teams via influence, in a collaborative manner, rather by authority.
- Validates information provided to discern facts from opinions related to communicating project status.
- Excellent management, leadership and coaching skills.
- Able to establish and maintain good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Must possess a willingness and ability to learn and continuously improve.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with multiple issues simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for independent judgment and successful outcomes.
- Work performed in a typical office environment.
- Travels up to 50% of the time with overnight trips lasting 2 to 3 days in duration.
- Duration of trips can change depending on business need.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to travel including evenings, weekends and holidays
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons