IT Service Desk Supervisor, Level 2
The Service Desk Supervisor’s role is to oversee the entire Service Desk staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of Service Desk functions. The Service Desk Supervisor will also contribute to problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users at the desktop level.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the supervision of a technical support team.
- Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and Service Desk deliverables.
- Assist with PC deployment and maintenance
- Work with team members to develop, approve, validate, and maintain problem-resolution databases
- Interpret, analyze, diagnose, document, and resolve first-level customer service problems related to internal supported hardware, software, LANs, and WANs with the objective of closing calls on a first-call basis
- Research support issues when resolutions are not readily attainable by checking available resources, including but not limited to the incident/problem tracking system, internal websites, software manuals, and other team members/resources
- Appropriately escalate problems as required, and monitor resolution progress until the problem is resolved to the caller’s satisfaction
- Using the incident/problem tracking system, accurately document all incoming calls, keep tickets and customers updated on their issues / requests, and document all call resolutions
- Keep the Service Desk team and management apprised of any new support issues in a clear and timely manner
- Work to improve consistently all ticket handling and resolution processes
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Work with third-party vendors to resolve issues when applicable
- Create knowledge base articles for the L1 support group
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned or apparent
- Assist with onsite troubleshooting at local offices
- Travel to offices and distribution centers as needed
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- A minimum of four years’ practical experience in the Computer Support field as a supervisor or team lead
- Exceptional customer-service approach
- Windows Operating systems, primarily Windows 7. Windows 10 and iOS is a plus
- Microsoft Office Applications, O365 is a plus
- Experience with mobile devices and mobile email
- Experience with troubleshooting network-related issues, such as client connectivity
- Big Picture/Global Customer
- Problem Solve/Results
- System Design/Deploy/Support
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons