Bilingual Customer Service Rep
Provides prompt, effective first contact telephone and email support for customers related to the use of all NAPA Products and Services in a friendly and courteous, yet urgent manner. Receives call, finds resolution, and documents calls as received. Maintains personal and timely contact between our customers, vendors and distribution centers.
Position Performance Measures:
- Number of calls per hour.
- Not-ready percentage.
- Ability to meet call quality requirements.
- Live call percentage.
- Answers inbound calls regarding online orders from customers and gains understanding of each situation. Handles customer inquiries about online orders.
- Troubleshoots issues to find solution and partners with customer to solve issue together.
- Address customer questions regarding parts inquires, store locations, and warranties.
- Process parts warranties are required.
- Maintains online store by checking site is functional and has accurate information on it.
- Escalates issues to the information technology team and manager as needed.
- Processes online orders and returns as requested.
- Locates orders in question and works with distribution center to ensure order is received. Handles special ordering processes such as out of stock products and works with vendor so that customer receives order.
- Ensures positive customer experience by de-escalating customer issues and concerns. Acts as customer advocate in addressing concerns and resolving issues.
- Instills confidence in the customers that concern will be addressed properly and with urgency.
- Ensures prompt and accurate resolution of customer incidents with a high degree of ownership.
- Escalates phone call if unable to resolve issue until problem is resolved to the caller’s satisfaction.
- Notifies appropriate leadership of customer escalations and dissatisfaction in timely manner.
- Maintains accuracy of customer billing records including cancellations, billing changes, and collections. Researches and resolves billing and product discrepancies for external customers.
- Follows ticket management policy as documented including, entering required information into system, selecting the right urgency level, and ensuring the proper team members are including in communications.
- Follows call management policy as documented including resolving calls timely and accurately, following up with cases as appropriate, and working with management when needed.
- Follows the established attendance and schedule policy.
- Follows the established quality assurance guidelines and expectations to deliver stellar customer service including: first call resolution and total case ownership.
- Works with team members to develop, approve, validate, and maintain problem resolution databases by making entries to improve process.
- Researches support issues when resolutions are not readily attainable by checking available resources including, but not limited to: the incident/problem tracking system, internal websites, and other team members.
- Using the incident/problem tracking system, accurately documents all incoming calls, keeps tickets and customers updated on their issues / requests, and documents all call resolutions.
- Keeps support team and management apprised of any new support issues in a clear and timely manner.
- Works to consistently improve call handling and resolution processes by following quality assurance guidelines and expectations to deliver stellar customer service including: first call resolution and total case ownership.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
Experience, Education, and Abilities
- 1-2 years of customer service experience preferred.
- Ability to speak fluently in Spanish a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- HDI certified (customer service, support center analyst, or desktop support technician) preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers with the ability to operate basic programs such as Windows.
- Strong customer focus and orientation.
- In addition to having a high sense of self-motivation, this individual must display superior telephone, root cause analysis, and issue resolution skills.
- The ability to listen, isolate the issue, research, resolve (or escalate), and follow-up is essential for this position.
- Candidates for this position should be familiar with problem ticketing software and processes.
- Proven soft skills including strong courtesy and conflict management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to translate technical information to all level of users.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Proven team player.
- be available to work assigned shifts, including occasional mandatory overtime shifts on Saturdays
Work is performed in a call center environment.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons