Welder / Fabricator
Welder / Fabricator
Hydraulic Supply Company is a division of Motion Industries. We are looking for a Welder/Fabricator to Support and enable the work group by providing services to recondition hydraulic components to factory specification for internal and external customers. Provide technical product fluid power knowledge. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Constantly inspect and test welds and equipment.
- Welds are checked for durability as well as meeting specified standards and equipment must be examined to determine if repairs or new equipment is needed.
- Sets up and operates thermal welding equipment to weld, repair, join or fabricate parts by working with blueprints, sketches or verbal orders.
- Performs seam finishing, component fit-up, drilling and tapping and other minor machining functions.
- Examine parts for defects and measure parts to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto workpiece.
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, and drill presses.
- Designs and constructs templates and fixtures.
- Verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications, using square, ruler, and measuring tape.
- Fabricate and assemble sheet metal products.
- Performs close tolerance plastic layout to meet print specifications.
- May set up an operate machine tolls associated with fabricating shops, such as radial drill press, end mill, and edge planer
- Provide training for new and existing staff as required code
- Perform additional duties assigned by company management
- High School/GED required. Technical or vocational training preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in industrial fluid power repair
- Ability to use variety of tools and equipment
- Basic math skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read blue prints and recognize wilding symbols and specifications
- Knowledge of industry safety practices
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons