Braas Company, a division of Motion Industries, is a leader in industrial automation. We are seeking an Assembly Tech with 2 years of experience to assemble products per specs, drawings and work instructions. Candidate should have experience reading blueprints and using hand/shop tools. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick and holiday pay.
- Assemble standard and more complex product line componentry into complete assemblies and kits per specs
- Document assemblies for future referencing
- Suggest ideas for assembly process improvements and enhancements
- Document and complete VM Shipment Authorization for each order
- Package nonstandard products for secure, on time shipments
- Record and track labor for each project with 100% accuracy
- Collaborate with other departments to resolve kitting, parts and/or assembly issues to satisfy customers
- Other duties as required.
- At least five years of experience as an Assembler
- Ability to assemble products per specs, drawings and work instructions
- Experience reading blueprints, using measuring tools and ability to learn/perform multiple manufacturing tasks
- Must be familiar with electrical, pneumatic, electromechanical and mechanical components
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines, use shop/hand/power tools
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons