Driver – CDL A
To deliver and retrieve office products and accessories to and from S. P. Richards customers in a safe and timely manner.
Standard Pay Rate: TBD
Standard Work Hours: TBD/40 hours
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Check invoices against the products ordered and shipped.
- Maintain an accurate detailed delivery log.
- Cleaning and maintenance functions of delivery vehicle.
- Adhere to all safety rules including the handling of hazardous materials.
- Retrieve totes used in delivery of products to customers and accurately record their numbers.
- Proper handling and filing of customer picking tickets, driver load sheets, bills of lading and other associated paperwork.
- Provide courteous, efficient and professional service in dealing with customers.
- Neatness is a must.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a valid commercial drivers license class A as required by DOT.
- Must meet SPR’s Driving Standards as provided at time of interview and maintain those standards throughout employment.
- Must be able to safely drive product to customers on established routes, utilizing route numbers to identify correct customer (and able to operate a manual transmission vehicle.)
- Must be able to meet and fulfill all regulations and requirements for truck drivers as prescribed by the DOT.
- Must be functionally literate and capable of understanding and recognizing product numbers and line codes to insure proper placement and delivery of products for shipment, including identifying sequence of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly. Includes traffic, and road signage.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making/Judgment
- Delivers Results
- Job Knowledge
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the environment is loud.
- Physical Demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand walk use hands and fingers to handle, or feel reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee is frequently required to lift and move products up to 60 pounds. Must be able to move heavy product in excess of 1,000 pounds with moving aids designed to move such items including hand trucks, dollies, motorized cart, pallet jacks, etc.
- The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons