Digital Solution Architect, Digital Center of Excellence
The Digital Center of Excellence (DCOE) of Genuine Parts Company is seeking an experienced Solution Architect to lead the architecture and technical design initiatives for applications in our portfolio. The Solution Architect will work closely with our Software Developers, Business Analysts and Product Owners to deliver solutions that meet business requirements and adhere to defined technology standards.
- Design, enhance, and manage web applications and web services, including all tiers of the application (UI, code-behind, middle-tier business components, database layer)
- Work closely with business stakeholders and application teams to facilitate solutions that meet business and technology objectives and correct architectural principles
- Liaison with other departments at GPC that our applications integrate with
- Facilitate the changes and enhancements in the architecture
- Provide input and execute on efforts to improve the efficiency and quality of our software development projects
- Conduct and assist in design and code reviews, unit and integration testing
- Mentor other developers
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- BA/BS or MS in a technology driven or quantitative field of study – Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, etc.
- In lieu of a 4-year degree, 10+ years of significant and relevant hands-on software development experience would be considered.
- Acquainted with all aspects of B2B and B2C commerce including Customer engagement & experience, Sales & Marketing automation, Financial integrations, Regulatory compliance, Procurement integration, Master data integration, and Analytics
- 8+ years of enterprise level software development experience (non-academic) with demonstrable experience and fundamental understanding of the .NET Framework including NET, XML, web services, REST services, data structures and collections, configuration, etc. C#, is preferred
- Technical Leadership experience with Micro Service Architecture, Object Oriented Development and Design using .NET and Java EE (Java is a plus).
- Thorough knowledge working with web/app servers such as Apache and IIS, node.js is a plus
- Hands-on expertise with MS SQL Server including T-SQL, Store Procedures, User-Defined Functions, Indexed Views, and query tuning. NoSQL alternatives like Mongo or Cassandra is a plus
- A comprehensive understanding of the web application development process, including compilation/building, deployment, and source control
- In-depth knowledge of OO development principles, multi-tier application design, and relational database principles.
- Experience with networking concepts (VPN / MPLS circuits / Load balancing / Firewalls) preferred
- Ability to thrive in multiple project lifecycle approaches (Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid) and platforms (.Net, Java)
- Comfortable with automated testing tools, continuous integration/delivery, defect/task tracking, etc.
- Experience administering Windows and UNIX servers.
- Experience with Cloud Application Design, Mobility, PaaS. (Azure experience is a plus)
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Coach and mentor customer developers, architects, product owners and operations people as we use agile/XP and techniques like TDD and CI/CD
- Discover, understand and map existing SDLC processes and deliver automated paths to production for transformed existing applications.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications.
- Able to identify and resolve issues quickly.
- Strong documentation and record keeping skills, with extreme attention to the development and maintenance of, as well as following documented Standard Operating Procedures.
- The ability to work in an energetic and fast paced environment.
- Goal-oriented attitude and demeanor to work through road blocks, motivate external concerns and bring about resolution.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons