IT Project Manager
The IT Project Manager will be a member of the IT Project Management Office (PMO). At the direction of the PMO Director the Project Manager will lead one or more technology projects. The Project Manager will be an integral team player who successfully manages and executes projects on time, on budget and within scope. The Project Manager will also ensure that project goals are accomplished and are in line with business objectives.
- Work with Delivery Managers to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities of departmental technology projects ensuring project goals and objectives are accomplished within defined scope, time and budget.
- Manage and lead a team of 5- 20 project resources.
- Work with Resource Managers to appropriately staff project team.
- Communicate project goals and scope to the project team and clearly communicate expectations of each project role to effectively manage project team activities.
- Manage 3rd party vendors project efforts ensuring on time and on budget delivery.
- Collaborate with various levels of stakeholders across multiple departments with differing needs. Set and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Prepare and maintain detailed project plans using MS Project or similar PM software.
- Maintain all project information within PPM tool on a timely basis including Resources, Tasks and Costs.
- Estimate project costs including labor, non-labor (i.e. hardware, software) and vendor costs. Accurately forecast, report, and manage project costs (budget).
- Collaborate with Resource Managers to appropriately staff and manage resource allocations of the project team(s).
- Creation of Project Management deliverables including Business Case, Project Charter, Project Plan, Communication Plan, Risk and Issue Logs and weekly Status Reports.
- Oversee multiple projects across multiple development teams and ensure delivery of project deliverables from project team members including requirements documents, design documents, test plans and deployment plans to deliver Business outcomes.
- Responsible and accountable for managing the scrum process and the coordination of the scrum team utilizing an Agile methodology.
- Responsible to remove impediments for the scrum team, and help product owner clean and prioritize product backlogs for the subsequent sprints.
- Coordinate work activities and methods with other internal organizations to ensure consistency and accuracy of delivery.
- Arrange daily stand-up meetings, facilitate meetings, schedule meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
- Effectively track, manage, and escalate project risks and issues to resolution.
- Follow PMO processes and governance routines including execution of Stage Gates.
- Execute Project Change Requests obtaining sponsor and stakeholder approval.
- Strong Leadership
- Ability to take direction and work well under limited supervision
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical, problem-solver with decisive and timely decision making capabilities
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to see the long term vision
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, engineering or a related discipline with an information technology focus; M.B.A. degree a plus
- Active PMP or pursuing certification
- 5+ years of IT Project Management experience
- Demonstrated understanding of project management concepts
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and SDLC Methodologies (Waterfall, Agile etc….)
- Experience in the DevOps methodology and environment is desired
- Experience working with third party development and infrastructure suppliers
- Experience with ERP (JDE or similar) and Supply Chain systems
- IT System Implementation and Integration experience
- Advanced knowledge and use of MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint and Project
- Experience with Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tools (i.e. Clarity or similar tools)
- Experience preparing and presenting effective presentations to Executive Leadership
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons