Hydraulic Supply Company is a division of Motion Industries. We are looking for a Systems Administrator to support and enable other work groups by providing software and hardware solutions and applying problem solving techniques to maintain efficiency of computer systems or programs. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Monitor all network infrastructure components to ensure that network is available for users.
- Monitor system performance and partner with end users and external technical support personnel to resolve network and server issues.
- Administer Exchange email server, virtual machines, web servers, Linux servers, Windows servers, Windows workstations, and other network components.
- Evaluate new technologies as they become available.
- Administer voice communications equipment and systems.
- Provide tier 1 and 2 help desk support for users.
- Provide support for software packages such as MS Office, ERP software, Windows, and other applications.
- Identify and resolve hardware issues.
- Maintain user environment after system failure.
- Follow up with software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Collaborate with programmer/analysts to diagnose software issues and recommend software enhancements.
- Install software, desktop equipment, servers, network components, and peripherals.
- Modify security files for new employees, delete former employees, assign passwords, and update employee data on all systems on the network.
- Maintain network security access via firewall software and hardware. Implement vendor issued security software updates such as anti-virus software.
- Implement new security as needed due to new or changed technology.
- Maintain system information in a secure environment using backup equipment to provide for reliable retention of data.
- Install, configure and maintain PCs, tablets, and mobile devices such as iPhones and iPads.
- Provide technical assistance and training to system users.
- Interface with internal and external customers to provide systems solution for business problems and information needs.
- Analyze and evaluate their requirements and recommend software or hardware alternative.
- Create and process purchase orders for hardware and software
- High School diploma required, some college or technical certifications preferred
- 3-5 years in computer application support
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Citrix XenApp
- Microsoft Windows 7, 8,10 and Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2
- Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory & Group Policies
- Network Administration
- VMWare vSphere
- Network components (Routers, switches, Firewall, Wireless etc.)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Storage Systems (SAN, NAS)
- Backup and Restore software and procedures
- Linux or Unix experience a plus
- EPICOR Prophet 21 experience a plus
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons