IT Sr. Systems Administrator/DBA, IBM i (AS/400)
This position is responsible for the operation of the company midrange systems IBM i and LPARS along with all related activities including system upgrades, routine maintenance, performance, backup & recover and Disaster Recovery under little supervision. Serves as the security administrator on the midrange systems for O/S and applications and assists in the resolution of any audit points that are assigned. Is able to work independently on any assigned project with little supervision and deliver production ready solutions.
- Manages the daily operation of the company midrange systems IBM i and all associated technologies.
- Provides user support for all issues arising around IBM i operations and DB2 database.
- Responsible for maintaining system related documentation.
- Responsible for the upgrading of O/S, utility and application software.
- Performs security authorizations and audits for users at the O/S and applications level.
- Works closely with the Help Desk and Applications groups during the roll out of applications to understand fully any security requirements and performance implications to the midrange systems.
- Tests new utility applications and reports on results before roll out.
- Responsible for all assigned audit points resulting from Data Center audits.
- Responsible for the verification of all system backups on schedule and the associated rotation of tapes.
- 5 Years of experience in IBM i system administration
- 5 years of experience in IBM i hardware and configuration
- Proficient with IBM licensing and support products
- Experience in large enterprise environment, including change management, problem management, root cause analysis, escalation and documentation
- IBM i backup and recovery skill is a must including strong knowledge of BRMS
- Ability to work independently and be able to support production systems 7×24
- Building new systems and upgrading existing systems based on customer requirements
- Expertise in Mimix replication and DR methodologies
- Expertise with Doubletake Share a plus
- IBM i system monitoring skills, and performance tuning including system tools is a must
- Should be able to troubleshoot and fix network issues in IBM i environment
- Must have experience in Operating System upgrades and patching for security compliancy
- Expertise should include latest IBM IBM i hardware and operating system
- Expertise should include strong RPG ILE/Free and CL development skills, SQL, DB2 tuning
- Strong knowledge of JD Edwards World A7.3 a plus
- Current or prior participation in the IBM Large User Group (LUG) a plus
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons