IT Senior Manager, ERP Integrations
The ERP Integrations Senior Manager provides technology leadership in the area system integrations. This individual will lead a team that develops and supports integration solutions for the ERP/Warehouse Management system. In this role, the Senior Manager is responsible for leading his/her team and ensuring they have the vision, tools and training to be successful in an Agile, DevOps environment which includes maintaining and improving that platform. This role will work with other Senior Managers, Architects and developers to provide a best in class integration solutions for the ERP systems.
The ERP Integrations Senior Manager will ensure peer reviews of analysis, technical design, code, and unit test scripts are executed. Additionally, he or she is responsible for managerial and administrative functions of one or more development teams. Furthermore, this role is expected to engage in design and architecture discussions, and to actively participate in estimating, tasking, implementation efforts and status updates.
He/she is responsible for ensuring that the overall solution design meets business requirements, conforms to industry best practices, is cohesive across disciplines and is a cost effective solution. As a result, this role will work closely with key departmental management and business stakeholders across the organization. Therefore, the ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with all levels of leadership and staff within the organization is a key priority in this role.
This position is expected to have direct report which includes contract resources.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (Essential Functions):
- Work with project and business analyst leads to develop and clarify in-depth technical requirements.
- Work with senior management to establish technical soundness of the solutions.
- Use and improve the productivity of the development processes.
- Lead design and architecture discussions.
- Work with management to estimate the level of effort, resource needs, and project duration.
- Establish and enforce coding standards.
- Evaluate tools and technologies and establish technology standards
- Provide technical leadership, clarity and direction for on-site and offshore development teams.
- Implementation of APG Business Strategy
- Implementation of APG IT approved Software Development Life Cycle policies and procedures
- Establishes and tracks personnel performance metrics
- Provide APG a competitive advantage with high performing technology
- Participate in technology Roadmap development
- Accountable for client relationship for external and internal customers and responsible for directing the following work efforts:
- Internal relationship management related to other team leads, Business & IT directors, and executive level management
- Vendor Relationship Management (i.e., onshore/ offshore support)
- Supplier Relationship Management
- May have external relationships related to technical software product vendors
- Determine software development solutions meet pre-defined business requirements, functional designs, and architectural design documents
- Develop flowcharts, diagrams to illustrate sequence of steps and describe logical operations
- Oversees resources who develop/modify code, develop unit tests, and conduct unit test as per test plans for less complex tasks
- Compliance with APG prioritization and governance decisions
- Work with team of Application, Integration, Systems and enterprise architects to implement solutions
- Ensuring streamlined application releases on a predetermined agreed to schedule
- Providing technical leadership, clarity and direction for on-site, offshore and vendor teams
- Ensures technical standards and architecture designs are followed
- DevOps experience or related experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of DevOps and technical quality control processes, artifacts and tools
- A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- An ability to quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Demonstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, and project management
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with quality management approaches, techniques, and principles
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices with focus on Agile methodologies
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level
- Full understanding of Service Oriented Architecture and Object Oriented Programming
- Strong background in full lifecycle development using multiple platforms or languages
- Ability to interact with Management and Software Developers, onsite and offshore.
- Experience in managing software development teams with multiple systems and integration points
- Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Infrastructure, Network, Development, BA and Architecture teams.
- 7+ Years leading complex software and hardware implementation solutions
- 5+ years’ experience supervising (completing performance reviews) and managing work efforts
- 2+ years’ experience in vendor management and remote development teams
- Web services and other integration concepts
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and/or stressful situations
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Exposure to predictive and statistical analysis is plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- BS or BA degree in a related field required, unless there is significant, relevant work experience.
This role will work closely with key departmental, management and project stakeholders across the organization. Therefore, the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of management and staff within the organization is a key priority in this role.
- This role will lead software developers and/or consultant resources and carries supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Corporate and the IT organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include: interviewing, training employees, planning, assigning and reviewing work of software developers (onsite/offshore), provide input on the quality and performance of development resources to the management.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons