Application Support Analyst
The Application Support Analyst role is responsible for second and third level service desk incidents, projects, operational tasks, system configuration and setup for third party and internally-developed applications. This individual will be responsible for providing both functional and technical support of several critical business and operational applications. This individual must efficiently manage multiple assignments with a sense of urgency, structure, and attention to detail to ensure business continuity. They should possess advanced troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills. In addition, this individual will be responsible for providing ongoing guidance and training to Help Desk Technicians.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following. Other duties may be assigned.) Responsible for the analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of second and third level service desk incidents while adhering to departmental procedures
- Partner with the Operations and Application teams to ensure that problems are resolved in an efficient and timely manner
- QA applications and/or application changes in compliance with software development life cycle (SDLC) procedures. Also, ensure the steps taken do not have a negative effect on the production environment.
- Monitor system performance and availability of 3rd party and internally developed applications
- Possess the ability to write ad hoc queries for data analysis and troubleshooting purposes
- Troubleshoot and resolve advanced application issues from the server perspective, utilizing logs, administration or monitoring tools, server configurations and other techniques
- Troubleshoot application integration issues, understand the supporting integration tools and data flow
- Recommend changes or enhancements, giving primary consideration to the feasibility, maintainability, customer needs and overall cost/benefit and quality requirements
- Organize and prioritize tasks per an established timeline and follow-up to ensure appropriate completion
- Create and maintain documentation related to operational tasks, and troubleshooting for applications in a central repository
- Provide ongoing guidance to Help Desk Technicians on complex issues and errors
- Assist with the preparation of training and documentation for the first level service desk and transition the knowledge accordingly
- Assist with the preparation of training and documentation for customers both internal and external
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the supporting business process and functionality of assigned applications
- Coordinate with Application Development to transition responsibilities to Application Support as appropriate
- Coordinate with application vendors as needed in the support process
- Efficiently manage and multi-task multiple assignments with a sense of urgency, structure, and attention to detail in a high paced environment
- Proactively undertake additional responsibilities
- Complete all tasks, duties and projects as assigned
- Communication Skills Employ effective communication within the team as well as communication with internal and external customers, management, and other Information Systems personnel. Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate to the end-user community, tailoring the communication style/method to the specific need, and be able to discuss technical solutions in a non-technical manner.
- Develop relationships with business owners to ensure high quality services are being provided
- Ability to develop, establish and maintain effective working relationships / partnerships with customers by responding to needs & exhibiting a sense of urgency
- Manage and prepare system documentation and assist in the creation of user/training documentation
- Provide regular communication on the status of assignments, requests and projects
- The ability to communicate with distribution center operations management, vendors and merchandising management. The skills to communicate in a training capacity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Computer literate. Familiar with Internet navigation and technology, Microsoft Internet Explorer and other Browsers Microsoft Windows 98. 2000, NT & XP Microsoft Office, Project, and Visio.
- Familiarity with S.P. Richards applications and Business processes is critical.
- Competence to understand technical documents and apply technical information to solve problems.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Available for occasional travel.
- College degree is desired, but not necessary.
- Five or more years experience in a corporate customer service environment.
- Technical help desk or call center experience is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software: including Excel, Word and Email. Knowledge of Access a plus.
None Work Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit use hands and fingers to handle or feel reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds.
- The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons