Motion Industries’ Engineer Technicians are specialists trained in the skills and techniques related to a specific branch of engineering, with relatively practical understanding of general engineering concepts. They often assist engineers and technologists in projects, research and development. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Design of electrical control panels, programming and troubleshooting of OEM equipment, controls and automation solutions.
- Power Distribution layout, design and details.
- Electrical design and detail, including wiring diagrams and schematics.
- Train plant personnel on proper usage and preventative maintenance of equipment and control systems.
- Create Bill of Material and specify manufacturer part numbers.
- Perform field work, start up and engineering calculations.
- Develop basic written functional job specs if not provided by customer.
- Joint sales calls with branch staff or directly at accounts to present our capabilities, identify opportunities, review applications, demonstrate products.
- Provide commercial and technical sales/application support for inquiries from branch sales staff or customers.
- Project management with panel shop and programmers to communicate requirements, establish timelines, and coordinate activities with customer requirements for orders involving custom panels or engineered systems.
Education and Experience:
- A degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or equal experience.
- Proficiency in the application and selection of most of the above referenced Automation & Control products. Expertise in industrial drive & motor technology is most important.
- A strong technical aptitude with the ability to research and assimilate new products and solutions.
- At least 5 years’ of current service at an industrial distributor or manufacturer providing application based support for most of the above referenced product technologies.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A self-starter able to work well in an unstructured environment
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons