Senior Tax Accountant
Position Performance Measures:
- Timely response to all audit inquiries.
- Following up monthly with field on non-taxable sales to customers without an exemption certificate on file.
- Review by state in which APG operates, all applicable Sales & Use Tax laws within that state to insure compliance with all state laws.
- On-site visitation to acquisition stores to review process and procedures to determine accurate and timely accounting and reporting
Responsibilities: The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Coordinate with State auditors and field on gathering requested information.
- Insure compliance of tax exemption certificates for customers claiming exemption.
- Insure compliance of all Sales & Use tax by APG’s operations.
- Provides training to field operations in the area of Sales & Use tax as needed
- Perform due diligence and integration planning of potential mergers and acquisitions, including site visits to assessing accounting controls to ensure accurate financial reporting.
Experience, Education, and Abilities: (what does a person accepting the position have to bring with them to successfully fulfill the minimum job responsibilities. Include working conditions here as well.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance along with CPA, MBA is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in the area of Sales and Use tax, along with financial roles focused on accounting, auditing, financial planning, analysis and/or reporting
- Self-starter and can perform duties with minimal supervision and direction.
- Travels up to 15% of the time
- Extremely strong technical accounting and financial modeling skills.
- Hands on experience working with PeopleSoft and/or Cognos Planning.
- Proficient in Excel.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.