IT Informatica Administration, Senior Developer
The ETL Software Administrator will be required to analyze, configure and maintain existing and to be developed integration processes. This person must have a strong understanding and experience with Informatica Administration, Business Intelligence, and ETL Architecture. A strong understanding of relational databases and system integration is essential.
- Perform Informatica Powercenter 9.x installations/upgrades
- Setup and configure Powercenter domain, repository and services.
- Setup and administer Powercenter User Security management.
- Support infrastructure planned maintenance and outages.
- Perform regular Informatica repository backups for recovery.
- Work on refreshing Development/QA/UAT Informatica environments on a regular basis as per the project requirements.
- Proactively monitor development, test and production Informatica implementation servers.
- Create Informatica SRs (support requests) and work with the infrastructure support team to investigate and resolve issues.
- Provide support to ETL application development/production teams as needed.
- Participate in defining standards and best practices for administration.
- Participate in defining and provide guidance on best practices for data integration architects and developers
- Create and maintain connections (relational, application, etc.) and maintain existing Informatica interfaces: PowerCenter, PowerExchange, High Availability, Metadata Manager, Reporting Service, Informatica Data Quality, ODBC connections, etc.
- BS or BA degree in a related field required, unless there is significant, relevant work experience.
- Five or more years of experience working in a medium or large operating environment supporting Informatica servers.
- Five or more years of experience administering Informatica Powercenter 9.x.
- Ability to automate the monitoring of server activity and error logging for Informatica environments.
- Five or more years of experience working in UNIX environments with proficiency in shell scripting.
- Knowledge about configuring for high availability, multiple nodes, grids and contingency failover
- Ability to interact with Management and Software Developers, on- and off-site.
- Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Infrastructure, Network, Development, BA and QA teams.
- System architecture and development experience in a high transaction/high availability systems.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills
- Proven ability to provide strong problem solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Must be flexible, be able to change priorities quickly, and handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Individual must be a self-starter and capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Capable of learning new tools and technologies.
- Capable of working independently and in a team.
- Linux/Unix administration background
- Experience in a DevOps or SRE environment
- Experience with Informatica 10 upgrades
- Experience with Informatica DVO
- Experience with Informatica Proactive Monitoring
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons