IT Senior Developer, Conversions
This individual will be part of a team that provides conversion functionality in a whole-store technology solution serving the entire user community of over 5,700 stores in the U.S. and Canada. The Conversion applications will be using a series of data investigation, dashboards, and error recovery tools for use by the Conversion Coordinators, Data Conversion Analysts and the management team to track the progress of multiple stores throughout the 11 week conversion process.
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision.
- Adhere to development and architectural standards to deliver quality products
- Deliver continuous improvement and advance error handling
- Observe best practices for level of effort and provide improvements to estimation models
- Gain knowledge and insights into NAPA store operations and data strategies
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- 7+ years’ experience developing enterprise level software
- 5+ years’ experience as a Java developer
- 3+ years’ experience Agile/Scrum development cycle
- Experience with the following technologies (bold identifies main technologies)
- Java, Spring framework, JavaFX
- Linux Shell Script (bash/ksh)
- Jbpm (BPMN2)
- Oracle SQL
- Maven, SVN, Git
- Cloud experience (Ajure, AmazonWS)
- Atlas db
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Thorough understanding of relational databases such as Oracle, Postgres or similar technologies
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, and being able to work within a team and an application Program
- Proficiency in Linux environment
- Experience in test automation and test-driven development Proficiency in Linux environment.
- Strong experience in large scale environments with 1000’s of endpoints and very large transaction intensive database systems
- Proactive, results oriented, delivers tasks and projects on time
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands and focus on those tasks with greatest potential/payoff
- Experience in retail environments a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons