IT Senior Engineer, Integrations
The Store Systems Senior Engineer, Integrations will analyze, design, develop, and support initiatives to enhance features within a vendor built Java based platform (retail.net) and to support the transition of ownership to APG of that platform. In addition the successful candidate will build an enterprise automation framework utilizing CI/CD concepts across the entire SDLC (Dev, Test, Build, Deploy) while improving standards for Code Migration, Deployments, Configuration Management and Reporting. In this role, the Integrations Senior Engineer is responsible for understanding integrations within the system and the underlying architecture. And then to maintain and improve that platform. Will work with other Team Leads, Architects and developers to provide a best in class solution for NAPA stores.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Five or more years’ experience in software engineering
- Experience Unix/Linux and Shell Scripting
- Experience with Automation languages like Python, Groovy, or Java
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins
- Experience in large scale RDBMS environments. Oracle and Exadata experience a plus
- Ability to interact at a technical and non-technical level with Infrastructure, Network, Development, BA and QA teams.
- Experience working in Agile environments and cross-functional product teams.
- Experience with software versioning and revision control system like Subversion or Git
- Experience with JIRA and integrating JIRA to other systems
- Experience with Testing Automation Tools like Protractor, Cucumber, HP UFT, HP LoadRunner, Selenium, SoapUI
- Experience with automating legacy manual test suites
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Software modeling and simulation
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software
- review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software
- reliability analysis.
- Design and implementation of automation test suites
- Ability to coach, mentor and pair with other team members on best practices for test automation
- Support and improve tools for Continuous Integration and QA Automation testing
- Works with delivery leads in order to develop and implement CI/CD and QA Automation Framework
- Participates in all phases of the integration development lifecycle, including unit testing and ongoing support.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), including facilitation and team leadership skills
- Proven ability to provide strong problem solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Must be flexible, be able to change priorities quickly, and handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Individual must be a self-starter and capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- Capable of learning new tools and technologies.
- Capable of working independently and in a team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.