Material Handler – Warehouse Full Time
Balkamp, a leading distributor of automotive aftermarket products in the NAPA Auto Parts system, is seeking a full time and part-time Stockhandler. The primary function of this position is to expedite the incoming and outgoing freight including: receiving, stocking, pulling, staging, loading and shipping freight. Shifts range from 5hr to 8hr days depending on position obtained. Monday – Friday Full Time Shifts are M-F from 5:30am-2:00pm or 9:30am-6:00pm
Responsibilities of this position include: pulling stock orders, putting away merchandise, general housekeeping within the facility, following and adhering to all safety rules, and any other duties assigned by management.
Performing daily inspections of appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to:
- Forklift, lift gate, pallet jack and hand truck, radio frequency scanners and printers
- Operating warehouse machinery and equipment in accordance with established safety procedures as needed to maintain the warehouse stock and a safe work environment
- Transport merchandise throughout the warehouse using an electric sit-down or stand-up forklift along with manual equipment as needed.
- Verifying and completing required documentation and reports
- Complying with hazardous material regulations and procedures
- Assisting in maintaining a clean, organized warehouse environment at all times
- Complying with all applicable laws / regulations, as well as company policies / procedures
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with good organizational skills. They will be functionally literate and capable of understanding and recognizing part numbers accurately and rapidly. Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors and customers) as well as good general math skills are a requirement.
- Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and will be able to:
- Lift / carry by hand, freight weighing up to 80 pounds on a regular basis.
- Push/pull products of excessive weight using mechanical aids, such as hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Must be able to be certified in the use of a variety of warehouse power equipment.
- Company will train and certify during the introductory period.
- Work on your feet (standing and walking) for your assigned shift as part of the normal daily routine.
- Bend, twist, squat, climb, push and pull and move at a quick speed of pace.
- Knowledge and competency in the utilization of warehouse related computer and bar coding equipment.
- Follow instructions and complete required training.
- Work both independently and in a team environment.
- Meet or exceed applicable production standards and expectations.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.