Provides strategic and tactical leadership and direction to a team of pricing analysts to set pricing strategies for all NAPA categories. Drives store profitability by delivering optimized pricing for all NAPA store customers, balancing margin opportunities against competitive pressures.
Position Performance Measures:
- Ensures Company meets annual sales, profit and inventory turn responsibilities.
- Ensures price reviews are completed and timely maintain a minimum period review schedule for all lines.
- Ensure product pricing reflects the strategic intent of the category
- Assist in the development, configuration and / or execution of a world class pricing solution.
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
- Manages pricing analyst team by accessing skill, distributing work, setting deadlines and elevating issues. Communicates objectives and motivates team to meet deadlines.
- Leads team on pro-active analysis and margin development
- Supports technology enhancements. Provides regular and ad hoc pricing analysis and reporting for management through pricing programs. Compiles price reports on current and potential sales margin, product line review, competitive market evaluations, trends, and price adjustments.
- Takes initiative in identifying and resolving issues around pricing and margin. Delegates pricing complaints and coaches team on responses.
- Presents pricing analysis and recommendations to various teams including management. Provides details including market comparisons, downstream impact of proposals, and review of steps needed to implement change.
- Work closely with Product Department to ensure strong intra-departmental cooperation and communication, while helping to meet margin, line growth and product positioning goals.
- Work directly with Pricing Management, and Pricing Science teams to ensure mutual understanding and cooperation, and to leverage all insights and data.
- Require analysts to regularly consult with Product and across all components of the Pricing Department to improve department efficiency and effectiveness.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- 3 years’ experience in pricing; 5 or more years total in any field, performing sophisticated analytics.
- Auto parts distribution and sales and/or NAPA store or field experience a plus, though not required.
- Experience managing a department or team of people is required.
- BA/BS, MBA preferred
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and qualitative analysis skills required.
- Excellent math skills and strong attention to detail are required.
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience and comfort with data reviewing software such as Qlik or Tableau
- Experience with pricing optimization / analytics software a plus.
- Exemplary follow up skills, as well as the ability to manage several projects at the same time.
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Collaboration with experience leading cross-functional projects, a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure while meeting tight deadlines.
- Desire to learn with the motivation to continue to grow in this fast paced environment.
- Experience in merchandising strategies a plus
- Work is performed in a typical office environment.
- Some travel may apply.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons