Software Development Trainee
The Software Development Trainee position allows the trainee to prepare for a role as a Software Developer. The training period is no more than 15 months. During this period, the trainee shadows Software Developers and Analysts to gain experience in system design. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Develop system design documentation for new web-based system based on current system capabilities and new requirements
- Design documentation to include database design, business assumptions and processing rules
- Work with software development managers to finalize design for handoff to development teams
- Good knowledge of relational database design
- Knowledge or training in system development methodologies
- Experience or training in web-based programming languages
- Achievement oriented and self-motivated
- Effective communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Able to follow through on tasks
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.