Apache, Inc. is a division on Motion Industries. This position safely and effectively follows work orders and/or prints to square, recess, as necessary, and lace belt products that meet quality and visual standards.
- Read and interpret lacing orders and blue prints.
- Locate and gather materials and supplies needed.
- Load belt with correct side up and secure it to lacing table.
- Prepare belt by finding the center line and squaring the end with hand or power tools.
- Skive belt end when lacing needs to be recessed.
- Position the tooling and/or template and insert/place the lace.
- Install one of five types of lace using machines, templates and hand or power tools.
- Repeat steps for each end of the belt.
- Cut the belt ends at an angle to the width of the lace and secure the pin and attachments.
- Complete lacing production records.
- Tag the product with the work order number and take it to order fulfillment or packaging area.
- Close out orders in the computer system.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area.
- Perform upkeep on tools.
- Attend work regularly and predictably and uphold Company values in all work aspects.
- High School diploma/equivalent and sufficient knowledge or experience to perform industrial math and measuring and to read and understand work orders, instructions and prints.
- Ability to set up and operate mechanical equipment as well as use power tools and hand tools safely.
- Ability to find the center of the belt using basic math and measuring.
- Skills include active listening, effective verbal and written communicating, monitoring and quality control assessing.
- A forklift license is helpful.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, use his/her hands with strength, coordination and precision and see details at close range. The employee is occasionally required to bend, reach, push, pull, climb, talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and infrequently lift more than 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will utilize all required personal protective equipment and will occasionally work in hot, somewhat noisy conditions where material particles from grinding and other operations may occasionally be present.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Apache Inc. reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons