(IBS) Associate District Manager (ADM)
Program is a highly selective training program that partners candidates with a designated coach to instruct and guide them through a 12 month program that teaches candidates the essential functions of working within the NAPA IBS (Integrated Business Solutions) system and to assume responsibility as an IBS Area or IBS District Manager in one of the U.S. Automotive Parts Group Store Districts within the United States. Position typically will have experiences in multi-store operations and customer relationship/service management through a series of projects designed to improve their ability to successfully manage in the NAPA IBS site environment.
- Areas of training will include:
- Financial acumen
- IBS site operations
- Information management
- Asset and resource management
- Safety management and environmental compliance
- Inventory management
- Vendor management
- Customer relationship management
- Business acumen
- Position Performance Measures: (List the key performance indicators.) Delivering on our service level agreements.
- Inventory management/controls.
- IBS Employee management new hire, development, turnover.
- Successful execution of RFP preparations/presentation.
- Successful 3rd party integration management
- Successful build of HQ level proposal book.
- Successful agreement negotiation.
- Successful implementation of a new site to include use of the project management tool.
- Attends required company meetings.
- Attends and leads IBS customer business review meetings.
- Attends all development program-training classes.
- Completes all training activities and projects within deadlines.
- Learns about IBS site operations.
- Assists the District Manager with the operation of the IBS sites and completes duties in the event of DM absence.
- Enforces all IBS policies and procedures to ensure excellent customer service is provided and to maximize the P&L performance of the location.
- Analyzes IBS customer operating reports and make recommendations for improvement.
- Learns the executables on all IBS specific management tools to include but not limited to STARS.
- Learns Non-NAPA vendor management.
- Learns the IBS customer prospecting process.
- Learns the IBS RFP process.
- Learns the IBS agreement negotiation process.
- Learns the 3rd party integration process.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience in a multi-unit or big box retail management environment.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience
- Strong business acumen with an understanding of managing multi-unit or big box retail/wholesale business units.
- Good listening skills, quick learner
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Ability to work in a fast past, ever-changing environment and multi-task effectively.
- Strong time management and organizational skills are a must, with the ability to meet strict time lines.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguous and/or stressful situations
- Must be self-motivated and know when to seek guidance for direction
- Flexible, able to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks
- Strong detail-orientation is critical to success
- Highly analytical
- Willingness to relocate at the completion of training is mandatory.
- 25-50% local and regional travel.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.