APG Delivery Driver
Establishes and maintains good relations with customers by providing courteous, efficient, and professional delivery service in a safe and timely manner. Secures non-stocking items from various sources and ensures the accuracy of product being secured.
Position Performance Measures:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Non-Stock item sourcing accuracy
- Picks up parts from vendors.
- Ensures stock room parts are accurately stocked.
- Maintains and checks-in inventory.
- Maintains store delivery truck through adherence to safety checklists, ensuring vehicle is clean, and that basic maintenance is done (e.g., correct tire pressure maintained).
- Participates in training on topics such as driver safety, customer training, and product knowledge, IBS specific training modules.
- Maintains special orders in the STARS program.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by management.
- Follows all IBS policies and procedures.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous delivery experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Any drivers living in Missouri are required to obtain and hold a valid Class E driver’s license.
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Some college preferred or Technical School.
- Detail Oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure.
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fleet shop environment, employee could be exposed to loud noise, fumes or airborne particles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- Frequent use of company or customer delivery vehicle, following all applicable traffic laws.
- The employee is often required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and crawl.
- The employee must be capable of moving engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment with moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- The employee should be able to lift materials up to 60 lbs.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.