Are you passionate about retail and giving customers a ” wow” experience in a customer friendly retail store setting? Do you want to be a part of a Fortune 250 Company that is focused on being the leader of changing the Customer Retail Experience now and in the future? If your answers are yes, then a Retail Promotions Coordinator role with NAPA may be the perfect opportunity for you! This is an exciting time to join our Retail Implementation team as we expand our NAPA store footprint through remodels, building expansions, and new constructions. Our Promotions Coordinator will facilitate and coordinate submissions, pricing, and publication of select retail and wholesale promotions to ensure correct information and proper distribution of materials. This role will report directly to the Manager of Retail Implementation.
This role maybe for you if you:
- Have 2 years of related experience in marketing, product, or working with planograms.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Enjoy serving as a liaison between product and merchandising teams along with coordinating details of marketing materials and agencies.
- Do you love analytics and solving problems?
- Thrive in a fast paced retail environment while meeting deadlines.
As a Promotions Coordinator, a typical day might include the following:
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills when working with product, merchandising, marketing, pricing, suppliers, and designers to ensure publications are timely, accurate, and effective
- Good management skills in maintaining team’s attention to detail in ensuring thousands of promoted items’ artwork, descriptions, attributes, pricing, specific sales information is accurate
- Oversees product placement in flyers to ensure appropriate adjacencies to ideally drive incremental sales
- Responsible for accuracy of promotional website which is the foundation for all promotional programs, items, pricing, and store registration
- Ensures quality of field management support in responding to inquiries from distribution centers, A&DP centers, and suppliers regarding promotional topics
- Oversee production of program information and support materials including store pricers, order forms, and other documents relating to marketing programs.
- Responsible for distribution of presell and pre-mail documents through email to distribution centers and field personnel and posting to designated company websites
- Thorough analytical post promotion reviews to determine promotional effectiveness and make recommendations for enhancements in the future
- Lead discussions in promotion meetings in planning future events
- Generates sku, segment, supplier, category level post promotion analysis.
- Presents post promotional analysis in meetings and electronically to influence business decisions.
- Responsible for retail Grand Opening support and marketing coordination for company owned and independent stores
- 2 years of related experience in marketing, product, or working with planograms.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, finance, or equivalent work experience required.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate to all levels of field and headquarters management.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others in professional business environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.