Warehouse Assistant Supervisor
Directs and coordinates the warehouse activities of the distribution center by performing the following duties.Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. * Assigns workers to accurately receive and stock all inbound freight.
Standard Work Hours: Evening Shift
- Assigns workers to accurately pull all customers orders and ship in specified timeframe.
- Administers company safety programs to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all employees.
- Communicates with inbound and outbound freight companies.
- Assists in managing the fleet of trucks and drivers.
- Assists in establishing operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise, and the accurate keeping of warehouse inventory.
- Coordinates activities of the warehouse with activities of central purchasing, merchandising, sales, and finance departments to ensure availability of merchandise and proper execution of administrative transactions.
- Communicates information to Operations Manager, Warehouse Manager, and/or Warehouse Supervisor in a timely manner to expedite merchandise receipt, shipping, and special handling.
- Directs reclamation of damaged merchandise.
- Understands and operates PKMS warehouse management system.
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesManages personnel assigned them associated with shifts. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilitiesin accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees planning, assigning, and directing work appraisingperformance rewarding and disciplining employees addressing complaints and resolving problems. Also responsible for asset control and the physical security of the facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
tyEducation and/or Experience:Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school Four-year college degree preferred.
- Three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Abilityto speak effectively before groups of employees.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpretgraphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished inwritten, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of basic office (spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail) as well as inventory and warehouse management software.
- Knowledge of AS400 and PKMS is essential.
- Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to hot and/or humid conditions the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand walk and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- System Requirements:Operational Access to PkMS – Menu DCAMENU90/00Operational Access to OMS – Menus OE, IC, WH
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.