Warehouse Associate (Will Call Order)
Pulls will call orders for jobbers. Pulls all special orders accurately and as completely as possible, placing the items into the appropriate tubs.
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management. List the significant activities that support that function, for instance manage the annual store audit process. Where possible use language that ties the job back to the company mission and vision. Practices asset security/loss prevention controls.
- Ensures proper processes and procedures are utilized to minimize inventory shrinkage.
- Checks all orders for accuracy.
- Reports all overage/shortage/damaged merchandise.
- Shares responsibility for maintenance and cleanliness of area.
- Completes all job prerequisite training.
- Demonstrates ability to perform the required duties of the job.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- 6 months prior work experience.
- Have a working knowledge of the entire stockroom.
- Ability to work in a fast paced setting and have the capability to work calmly under
- Ability to communicate with customers, supervisors, and other Will Call employees.
- Possess personal drive, self-motivation and initiative to accomplish company goals.
- Possess a willingness and ability to learn.
- Possess analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, sometimes including weekends and holidays as required by customer business needs.
- Ability to pass a drug screen test and routine background inquiry.
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Ability to utilize and operate a RADS gun.
- Visually capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers and their
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively.
- Ability to work on feet (stand and walk) for entire assigned work shift.
- Capable of lifting and moving parts and boxes up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to repeatedly bend or stoop to floor level shelves and able to reach upper shelves with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Ability to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment with moving aids designed to move such items, including hand truck, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees, customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC’s policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.